Thursday, February 27, 2014

Indefinite article exercises

Fill in the blanks with a/an.If no article is necessary, then leave a blank space.

1.He bought me ... red rose.
2. ... good friend always helps you.
3.... clothes define my personality.
4. ... smart student always manages to have good grades.
5.It is ... pity thar you cannot come to the party.
6.There is always ...way of becoming succesful,all you need to do is find it.
7.Poor countries are confronted with ... lack of food.
8.It is actually ... mystery how the Egyptians built the pyramids.
9.Don't hurry.Do one thing at... time.
10.Snow White was ...very kind young lady.
11.He cannot buy me ...present,let alone pay for a trip abroad.
12.She went to Spain for ...year in ... exchange programe.
13. I am ... little confused about how he treats me.
14.Can you have ... look at my homework?
15.I need to find ...place where to live.
16.There is not much ... room in here.We are crammed.
17.You cannot actually say that she is ... beauty.
18.Me and my husband had ...fight last night.
19.He does not stand ...chance in the competition.
20. I like to drink...milk.
21.He made ...fortune playing the lottery.
22.Could you please buy ...bread?
23. He never takes ...responsibility for what he says.
24. He reached ...high level of authority and since then he is ...tyrant.
25. She has such ... small nose that you can barely see it.
26. There is ... great deal of truth in what she says.
27. There is no ... way I can solve this exercise.
28. It is beyond the shadow of ... doubt that he is the criminal.
29. I have heard ... strange noise coming from the cellar.
30. I want to eat ... piece of meat.
31. He has ... lot of success in his career.
32. I have just watched... newer version of the movie Robocop.
33. I need to take ... painkiller for my back pain.
34. Managing your company involves having ... high level of educational backgroud as well as ... sense of duty and responsibility.
35. I live in ... region with ... rich culture.
36. I need ... peace in my life as well as ... new wife.
37. I visited ... English community a few months ago.
38. This is the first time I see ... rain and ... snow.
39. ... old aged woman is wiser than ... young lady.

40. There is nothing better than ...good beer from time to ...time




15.a
16. -
17. a
18. a
19.a
20. -
21. a
22. -
23.-
24. a
25.a
26.a
27. -
28.a
29.a
30.a
31.a
32. a
33. a
34. a,a
35.a,a
36.- a
37. an
38. -,-
39. an, a
40. a, -

No comments:

Post a Comment